May 5, 2005
it's been a while since i installed so let's see if this works for you. first i'll answer your questions.
yes, you remove your stock overlay and yes, use some double sided scotch tape.
for the install...
1) turn truck on and take a picture.
2) remove needles (use a fork, slide behind needle and apply slight pressure upwards)
3) remove overlay
4) put double sided scotch tape on back as much as you can
5) put on new overlay
6) depress the odometer peg, keep it down while you start the truck. this puts you into the internal code. press until you see mph (i think - that's the part i can't remember)
7) go for a drive, when odometer shows 55, stick your speedometer needle on at 55 mph
8 ) go back home
9) with truck still running, in park, look at your picture where the gauges were before you pulled off the needles. for the gas you can either put it on (depends on how far you drove) according to the picture or go fill up your tank and put it on full.
10) put needles back on, do not press down to far or they will stick
you should be good to go.